NJ in the Nation is a section of NJ Motocross that focuses on people in the industry that used to call New Jersey home. This entry is about Donald Leib from Rocket Exhausts.
Here is a little info about Don:
Don Leib: Owner of Rocket Exhausts .Here is some background
- born in Plainfield 1959
- 1977 Englishtown 2nd overall 125cc amateur
- Attended Boston University and Syracuse from 78-82
- Moved to CA in 84
- 87 National Sales manager for ATK
- Raced off road events like Baja 1000 88 5th in class 22, Baja 500, San Felipe 250. I continue to ride MX today having made it to Loretta’s in the +45 class in 06
- 89 started Ad Agency
- 1990-2004 clients included Kawasaki, KTM, Yamaha Water Vehicles, Shoei, White Brothers, Pro Circuit, FMF, Factory Pipe, Alpinestars, VP……..
- 1997 founded Big Gun Exhaust which I sold in 2002
- Started Rocket Exhaust in 2003
- Wife Andrea of 23 years, also from NJ, has a home school business servicing motocross with over 80 students from all over the country. www.stayontrack.net
- Son Michael (15) has three national MX championships having won the Winter Olympics and the World Mini GP in Vegas as well as the KROC 65 class in 03
- Michael finished 3rd overall at Loretta Lynn’s in the Supermini class in 2006
- He rode for Team Green for 2 years and currently rides for American Honda. He is also a test rider for Dirt bike magazine.
- 18 year old daughter, Ali, getting ready to go to San Francisco Art College to study interior design
- Rocket Exhaust and our private SX track pretty much keep me busy….. not to mention working on Michael’s bikes.
ROCKET EXHAUST WEBSITE