Saturday, January 05, 2008

Monster Energy Press Release..Jason Lawrence..Anahiem 1

Monster Energy-Backed Jason Lawrence (YoT) Looking For A Major SX Impact This Weekend
- press release -
Training with Ryno to back the walk, Lawrence plans on talking the talk when the Lites class checkers fly on the Anaheim opener this Saturday
CORONA, Calif., (Jan. 4, 2008) – Monster Energy-backed Jason Lawrence (Yamaha of Troy), the defending Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM Championship, Western Region Lites class runner up, thinks it’s about time to get this stadium race season started.
Loose, casual, but ready to tear into the Western Lites division again this year, when asked of what he’s expecting at the Anaheim 1 opener, Lawrence said: “Uh, here’s mud in your eye?” (laughter).
Training voraciously with a former pro rider who’s about as tough as they come, Ryan “Ryno” Hughes, Lawrence has reportedly laid down some eyebrow-raising times recently at the local SoCal test tracks around his adopted hometown of Carlsbad.
“Yeah, I don’t even know, man. I had some kind of timer deal on my bars and it ended up flying off or something – probably got ran over,” said Lawrence, who was rockin’ the latest Volcom clothing at the track, courtesy of his new sponsor. “So people have been telling me my times are pretty good a nd that. But I’m like ‘Whatever.’ Practice lap times are just that – practice.”
Not to be lost in the Iversonesque moment, Lawrence was keen to point out that he’s seen a noticeable rise in his cardio and strength now that he’s been training with Ryno.
“It’s insane, man,” he said. “I mean like today we went out and watered the starting gate and Ryno had me pull like 40 starts in the mud. That dude’s got me more focused to start a season than I’ve ever been I think.”
A quick rewind back to last year’s final supercross race in Vegas should spark the interest of any Lawrence fans that may have been on the fence. At the East/West Dave Coombs Sr. Lites Shootout Lawrence wadded up in the first turn of the main and, against the world’s top 250Fcc class racers, raged all the way back to 4th place.
“That was a blast, man,” recalled Lawrence. “Sucked I couldn’t make the podium, but I gave it everything I had trying.”
When it was all said and done last year, Lawrence finished 2nd to rival Ryan Villopoto – himself a Monster Energy-backed racer. This year the two enter the 2008 Monster Energy Supercross season as the favorites to come out on top again.
Said Lawrence in closing: “I want it bad, man. Real bad.”

No comments:

NJ Motocross.....the blog

This blog is written and maintained by Scott Lukaitis and Lukaitis Photo. If you like what you see check our associate sites at njmotocross.com or lukaitisphoto.com. Questions or comments can be addressed to me directly at scott@njmotocross.com Thanks and enjoy!

GO TO NJ Motocross NOW